Organic Recipes: From our Farm to your Kitchen
Here you'll find organic recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation, and from friends and customers alike. Browse through recipes, holiday ideas, and storage tips in our Kitchen section.
If you have a recipe of your own which you\'d like to share, please contact us and send it to us!
Showing: All Recipes
- 2 package vegan Ramen noodles, broken into bits
- chopped or shredded cabbage
- sunflower seeds
- almond slivers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar (I use mostly cider and a little red wine)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 Ramen seasoning packets
Make the dressing with the olive oil, vegan sugar, vinegar, and seasoning packets all nice and stirred up.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 4 large beets
- 1/2 green cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large rutabaga (Swedish turnip)
- 2 tablespoons of dill
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 10 cups of veggie stock or water
- salt and pepper, to taste
This borscht recipe is delicious, nutritious, and guaranteed to warm any belly on a cold winters night. It's my own recipe so I hope you enjoy it!
1) Chop up all the veggies.
2) In a large pot, saute onion, celery, dill, parsley, and garlic in vinegar on high heat.
3) Slowly add stock/water and bring to a boil. Add beets, rutabaga, cabbage, carrots, and tomato.
4) Cover and let simmer until root vegetables become tender (about 20 minutes).
5) Enjoy! Add salt and pepper if you wish.
Can also be served with dollop of vegan sour cream or plain yogurt if you wish.
Serves: many, many people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups cauliflower flowerets
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped (I usually use only 1 or 2)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted (You can also use cream and chicken bullion instead of the creamed soup)
- 1 cup cream or half& half 8 oz. cubed cheese (your choice of flavor)
- 1/4 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp pepper Paprika
Arrange cauliflower, celery and carrot in steamer basket over boiling water. Steam 10 minutes or until crisp-tender, then drain.
Cook soup and cream or half & half in large saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Stir in cheese until melted. Add steamed veggies, salt and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with paprika and serve. Amazing!
Yield: 4 cups
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups V-8 juice
- 2 & 1/2 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 2 tbsp finely minced fresh onion
- 1/2 fresh cucumber - diced
- 1/2 fresh green pepper - diced
- 1/2 tsp freeze-dried chives
- 1 tbsp fresh green onion tops - chopped
- 1 fresh yellow squash - diced, not peeled
- 1 cup fresh eggplant - diced (for color - optional)
Place garlic, parsley, V-8 juice, vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, vegan sugar, salt, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce in large bowl and stir until well blended.
Peel and dice tomato. Rinse remaining vegetables and place in large container with tomato. Pour blended soup mixture over vegetables. Chill for at least 2 hours.
Serve as appetizer garnished with lemon wedges and club vegan crackers or garlic toast. Works wonderfully as a cool and refreshing, easy to serve summer-time dish.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Tofu can be fried (do before anything else) or tossed into stir fry with out previous cooking. I've also made this many times with no tofu and it is still good. Coarsely chop onion and mince garlic. Slice bok choy stocks into bite size pieces, coarsely chop green tops. Slice and/or chop the rest of the veggies any way you prefer.
Heat 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet or wok. Add 1 teaspoon fennel seed until is begins to sizzle. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, add garlic toss a few times with spoon.
Begin cooking vegetables from hardest to softest: bok choy stocks (save green tops for later) for 1 minute. Add carrot and cook for 1 minute... red pepper 1 minute... broccoli 1 minute, etc... Repeat with all the vegetables except for bok choy greens (they will go in later with the tofu). Add a dash of salt while cooking - it really brings out the flavor of the veggies.
Transfer veggies to bowl and put 1 tablespoon oil in skillet/wok over medium heat. Add nuts and begin to toss while cooking. As nuts begin to turn golden color, add 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed. Let nuts overcook to a dark brown - its okay to have some black nuts as it adds flavor. Once the nuts are done, add cooked rice to skillet/wok and mix in oil, nuts, and fennel. Add dash of salt to rice mixture and let cook for a couple of minutes while stirring. Transfer to serving bowl.
Heat veggies back up and add tofu - cook until heated through. Add bok choy green tops just at end, cook until wilted. Salt and pepper to taste, serve over rice.
Preparation time: 30 minutes