- 4 oz tofu (regular, extra firm)
- 2-3 dashes ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- small handful shredded soy cheese
- dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Crumble tofu and sauté with spinach and olive oil, until spinach is limp. Add turmeric until nice bright yellow color (careful not to add too much).
Continue cooking over medium heat 1-2 minutes. stir in chopped avocado, and top with grated soy vegan cheese, and pepper to taste.
I add tomatoes sometimes, basically you can put whatever vegetables you want in it as long as you have the right amount of turmeric it will taste delicious.
Preparation time: 10 min
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup whole grain corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons light tasting olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C)
- Combine water & soy milk in small bowl
- In large bowl, combine both of the flours, the baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
- Stir in the milk mixture until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil a skillet or griddle and heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are bubbly on top and edges are slightly dry looking. Turn and cook until pancakes are browned. Transfer to a baking sheet to keep warm in the preheated oven (cover them with tinfoil) while cooking the remaining batter. Serve warm with all natural (no sugar added) blueberry jam.
Preparation time: 25 minutes