- 1 cup soymilk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup whole grain corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons light tasting olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C)
- Combine water & soy milk in small bowl
- In large bowl, combine both of the flours, the baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
- Stir in the milk mixture until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil a skillet or griddle and heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are bubbly on top and edges are slightly dry looking. Turn and cook until pancakes are browned. Transfer to a baking sheet to keep warm in the preheated oven (cover them with tinfoil) while cooking the remaining batter. Serve warm with all natural (no sugar added) blueberry jam.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 4 oz tofu (regular, extra firm)
- 2-3 dashes ground turmeric
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- small handful shredded soy cheese
- dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Crumble tofu and sauté with spinach and olive oil, until spinach is limp. Add turmeric until nice bright yellow color (careful not to add too much).
Continue cooking over medium heat 1-2 minutes. stir in chopped avocado, and top with grated soy vegan cheese, and pepper to taste.
I add tomatoes sometimes, basically you can put whatever vegetables you want in it as long as you have the right amount of turmeric it will taste delicious.
Preparation time: 10 min
- 1 tsp mild flavored olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1/2 tsp. bottled garlic puree)
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 small tomato
In skillet (preferably cast iron), place oil, onion, garlic, and 1/4 c. water. Cover and cook over medium heat until onions are transparent. Meanwhile, wash kale and separate from ribs. Chop the kale leaves and add to the skillet. Saute 5 minutes or until kale wilts and turns deep green. Meanwhile, dice the tomato (you can seed it if you like, or add it seeds and all). Add to kale and cook until tomato begins to release its juice and the dish is hot.
Serve over brown rice.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- eggplant (size and number depends on amount of people to be served)
Clean and slice eggplant into quarter of an inch slices, lengthwise.
Brush eggplant slices with olive oil, then sprinkle with chopped basil and rosemary. Grill the eggplant slices, either in a skillet, or on the grill outside. Whichever works best! They grill fast and can stick, so make sure to brush grill with olive oil and watch closely.
This recipe also works beautifully for squash and zucchini!
Serves: 4 (depends on size of eggplant)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 head broccoli, cut into pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut or sesame oil
- 1 heaping teaspoon each: sage, cumin, hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 tablespoon salt, or more, to taste
- 1 package whole wheat pasta
Toast garlic and spices in oils. When brown, add the broccoli and stir-fry until tender. Add cooked pasta.
Preparation time: 10 minutes